The Positive Effects Of Protein - Smoothie Recipes
Posted by PROPROTEIN LTD ADMIN
Ingredients - Mango Protein Smoothie
- 1 peeled and sliced Mango
- 1 scoop of Myo-Band Whey100 – vanilla
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup water or milk
- 1 teaspoon of honey, or cinnamon – optional
- Or for you chocolate lovers out there –
Ingredients - Chocolate Protein Smoothie
- 2 table spoon cocoa powder
- 1 scoop of Myo-Band Whey100 – Chocolate
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup ice
Put this all ingredients in a blender and blend it until smooth. These protein-rich smoothies can be a delicious weekday breakfast that helps you kick-start your day with great energy.
Stimulating function: Protein is a powerful stimulus for muscle protein synthesis (a process of building new muscle tissues) and a factor in preserving and increasing skeletal muscle mass.
The leucine effect: Leucine stimulates the muscle protein synthesis. It also helps muscle to regenerate after muscle damage.
Hormonal function: it increases the secretion of anabolic hormones such as insulin. Insulin is known to increase blood flow and increase the amino acid delivery to muscle tissues.
While the rule of thumb is to consume 1 gram per 1kg body weight- dosages varying between 20-40g per serving, all proteins are not created equal. Health supplements such as Whey protein is a mixture of proteins isolated from the liquid part of milk that separates during cheese production. The dairy protein are also known to reduce the risk of type two diabetes.
Whey can be divided into three types:
- Concentrate: About 70-80% protein, contains lactose and fat.
- Isolate: Usually 90% and above protein content. Less lactose and fat, but lacking essential beneficial nutrients in Whey Concentrate
- Hydrolysate: Hydrolysed Whey can be absorbed faster, especially the absorption of casein protein, causing a 28%-43% surge in insulin levels. Also stimulate muscle to take up carbohydrate (glucose) in our body.
However, are we nourishing our body with the quality proteins to optimise our health and functions? This all depends on your daily intake. We are all preoccupied with bouncing between work and home, so we often that we forget what goes into daily meals.
We lack the time and knowledge to act upon and stay on the course of a fitter and leaner life. In fact, to keep the right amount of protein in every meal is not always possible. So, while you try to keep a whole food diet and absorb natural proteins, you can at the same time drink one scoop of Myo-Band Protein with 200-300mil of milk or water, before and after workout. To spice up your protein regimen, here are some recipes for fibrous breakfast smoothies with essential proteins.