Who doesn't love some delicious home made chocolate ice cream? Add to that some delicious protein and you are on to a winning formula! We have tried several recipes to get it right and we think we found the one you absolutely need to try! This chocolate protein ice cream recipe is not just hight in protein but also high in flavour, and we have added the way to do it without an ice cream maker at home.
- 1 ¼ cups (270mL) 2% milk
- 1 cup (240g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 scoops Chocolate 8X Whey Isolate
- ½ cup (40g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp salt
1. The night before you plan on making your ice cream, place the bowl of an electric ice cream maker in the freezer. Freeze for at least 12-16 hours. (No Ice Cream Maker Method: After Step 2, add the mixture to an 8”-square baking pan, and place in the freezer, ensuring that the pan is flat and level. Freezer for 2-3 hours, vigorously stirring with a spatula for 2-4 minutes every 30 minutes to break up any chunks and mix air into the ice cream.)
2. Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for 1 minute or until very frothy.
3. Working quickly, remove the ice cream maker bowl from the freezer. Place it on the ice cream maker, attach the paddle and the lid, and turn it on. With the ice cream maker turning, pour in the mixture. Let the ice cream maker churn for 30 minutes or until the ice cream is frozen and has reached your desired consistency. For the best texture and taste, serve immediately.
You can also check out our very delicious Chocolate MYOBARs, now with 9 added vitamins.