Protein Packed Gingerbread
Posted by PROPROTEIN LTD ADMIN
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup Whey8x Vanilla Protein
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 3.
- Gently combine all of the dry ingredients (flour, protein powder, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt) together in a bowl and set aside.
- Blend together all of the wet ingredients (sugar, coconut oil, maple syrup, applesauce, and almond milk).
- Slowly sprinkle the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients to combine everything well.
- Taste test the dough and adjust the gingery-ness as desired.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of wax paper, until it’s about a quarter of an inch thick.
- Cut the dough into gingerbread man shape and place an inch apart on a lined baking tray
- Pop the dough in the freezer for a few minutes to firm up
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes. They’ll firm up a bit while they cool.
- Put your artistic talent to work and decorate your cookies (if desired).