Easy Protein Hotcake
Posted by PROPROTEIN LTD ADMIN
Protein hotcakes are just another way of saying “fluffy pancakes baked in a pan”. That means no mess, no watching over them, and no time wasted. They’re one of those breakfast or sweet treat recipes you need to know, because once you do you’ll be making them time and time again. As a bonus they also work great cooked days in advance and reheated as a meal prep option. Try these for the fluffiest pancakes ever and without the guilt!
Nutrition (without toppings):
- 531 kcal
- 59g carb
- 12.3g fat
- 46.9g protein
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1/2 cup (45g) uncooked rolled oats
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 scoop (30g) MYOBAND 8X Whey in vanilla flavour
- 1/5 cup (60g) of fat free Greek yogurt
- 3/4 Teaspoon baking powder
- Optional fruit and seeds for topping
- Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius (360f).
- Place all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until well combined and the oats have become fine. You may need to scrape the sides a few times if the powder sticks.
- Spray an oven-proof pan with some 1-cal cooking spray.
- Pour the smooth batter into the pan and add any toppings you’d like - Frozen berries are a healthy option, or add some chocolate chips if you’re feeling more indulgent.
- Bake on the top shelf of your oven for about 18-20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Enjoy warm with a little dollop of greek yogurt on the side for an extra protein hit.
If you would like to receive recipes through the post then subscribe today to any of our products, and then starting March 1st 2021 you will receive two free recipes, and a work out for you, written by our in-house Fitness Expert, Gareth Sapstead.