Several years ago, collagen was somewhat of an unknown entity, but these days, appreciation for and awareness of its unbelievable properties have become much more widespread.
Collagen is incredibly valuable, as it’s the largest protein in our skin, meaning it’s responsible for giving us a plump, smooth complexion.
From a fitness perspective, it strengthens our bones, as it reportedly accounts for between 25 and 35% of our entire body protein content.
It’s also the main structural protein that enables our connective tissues, such as skin, tendons, ligaments, cartilage and bones, to maintain their elasticity and regenerate. But as we age, our body produces less collagen. Our collagen levels reportedly start to drop in our mid-to-late 20s and dramatically decrease (by 1 to 2% each year) after the age of 30.
You can up your collagen levels by eating these foods:
You can also boost your levels by taking collagen supplements
Supplements are a great way of providing your body with additional nutrients and vitamins with minimal hassle, collagen supplements included.
But why would you want to take one every day? Well, we’ve touched on some of the benefits above, here are some more advantages to consuming collagen. It’s good for:
1. Healthy skin – research has shown that collagen supplements can help reduce wrinkles and dryness.
2. Relieving painful joints – by maintaining the cartilage between our joints.
3. Preventing bone loss – more than 90% of our bones are made up of collagen.
4. Building muscle mass – between 1 and 10% of muscle tissue contains collagen, which is vital for keeping our muscles strong and functioning properly.
5. Your heart – it’s believed taking collagen supplements can help reduce the risk of heart-related conditions, as it provides our arteries with structure.
Our collagen supplements
You’ll find all the benefits of collagen packed into LAB Series’ Glucosamine & Marine Collagen tablets, which have been formulated to provide healthy physical movement.
This supplement contains glucosamine, which is a chemical that’s produced naturally in the body, but, like collagen, decreases over time. We’ve also added in high concentrations of collagen to boost healthier physical movements. It’s also been combined with Omega 3 fish oil and multivitamins for optimum results too.