Vegan Blood Orange Chocolate Olive Oil Cake is a recipe for those that are Vegans or trying to incorporate more Vegan recipes in to their diet. Vegan recipes are not always easy to find, so we want to share more vegan protein recipes for our customers to enjoy.
Ingredientsfor 12 servings
- 3 blood oranges (can use standard oranges if you wish)
- ½ cup olive oil(120 mL)
- 1 ½ cups plain flour(185 g)
- 3 scoops Oblivion Blood Orange Vegan
- ⅔ cup dark cocoa powder(80 g), unsweetened
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups erythritol (250 g)
- 1 cup water(240 mL)
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered erythritol(120 g)
- 1 scoop Oblivion Blood Orange Vegan
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- Mix the olive oil with the zest of 3 oranges. Set aside for 30-60 minutes to infuse.
- Juice 3 oranges and set aside 3 tablespoons of juice for the glaze, you should have about ½ cup. (120ml)
- Reserve theremaining orange juice in a liquid measuring cup.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C, 160 fan).
- Sift the flour, Oblivion blood orange, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt Into a large bowl, then add the sugar, blood orange olive oil (including the zest), ½ cup (120 ml) of the blood orange juice, water, and lemon juice. Whisk until the batter is smooth with no lumps.
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of an 8-9-inch (20-22 cm) round springform cake pan witholive oil, and line with baking paper.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Make the glaze: Sift the powdered erythritol into a medium bowl (you can make your own using granulated erythritol and a coffee grinder or a pestle and mortar). Add 1 scoop of Oblivion blood orange and the remaining 3 tablespoons of blood orange juice. Whisk into a glaze. It should be thick, but spreadable.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Let cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then gently move onto a wire rack set to cool completely.
- Once the cake has cooled, pour the glaze over the cake
Make the most of our 2 for 1 on Vegan Oblivion Blood Orange right now whilst stocks last for the promotion.
You can also check out our very affordable Oblivion Plus pouch to get started with some delicious recipes.