- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed with press
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 ounces sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 3 c. lower-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 3 cans (15 oz. each) Beans, undrained
- 2 ounces chopped parsley
Heat oil on medium-high. Add carrots, celery and onion. Stir 6 to 8 minutes or until they start to get some colour. Add tomato paste, garlic, cumin and smoked paprika. Cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic is golden and tomato paste has browned. Stir in 5 dl broth, scraping up any browned bits.
Transfer it to a slow cooker and add beans and remaining broth. Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 6 hours.