Bite snacks that are rich in energy and protein? Sign us up!
These oatmeal peanut butter energy bites are easy to do and perfect to store in the freezer throughout the whole Halloween weekend.
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal (like Rice Krispies or crushed rice Chex
- 1 cup peanut butter (you could use any nut butter)
- 1 cup ground flaxseed ground
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or Myo-Band Whey Vanilla Protein for that extra protein intake.
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine all the ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before forming into 1-2 inch balls. (If the mixture isn’t holding together well enough you can add a little more nut butter or honey to help it bind). Keep refrigerated for an easy snack on the go.
- Feel free to include other “add-ins” like chopped almonds, raisins, etc.Original recipe from https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/oatmeal-peanut-butter-energy-bites/