Our Oblivion Protein Juice is a light, juice-like protein drink made from hydrolysed casein and it works perfectly when making a refreshing ice cream recipe. This recipe is based on our Blackcurrant Oblivion protein juice, which is now available in pouches to make it easier for you to try our delicious recipes.
- 2 scoops Oblivion Blackcurrant
- small precooked beetroot (not pickled!) ~30g (optional)
- 100g low fat cream cheese
- 150g low fat greek yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1/2 pint skimmed milk
- 2-3 sugar free digestive buscuits (crumbled)
- Mix the Oblivion and xanthan and put aside for later.
- Liquidise the beetroot with the greek yoghurt, cream cheese and agave.
- Whilst the mixer is running slowly add the Oblivion/xanthan mix a teaspoon at a time - the mix will start to thicken.
- Once all the Oblivion mix has been added, slowly add the milk with the blender on is lowest power.
This is the mix for the ice cream:
- Follow ice cream machine instructions if you are using an ice cream maker, or if you don't have an ice cream maker, add the mixture to an 8”square baking pan, and place in the freezer, ensuring that the pan is flat and level.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours, vigorously stirring with a spatula for 2-4 minutes, every 30 minutes, to break up any chunks and mix air into the ice cream
- Once the ice cream is ready, sprinkle with the crumbled digestives and serve
You can also check out our very affordable Oblivion Plus pouch to get started with some delicious recipes.
If you would like to receive recipes through the post then subscribe today to any of our products, and then starting March 1st 2021 you will receive two free recipes, and a work out for you, written by our in-house Fitness Expert, Gareth Sapstead.